by Kate L. Harrison
Happy Halloween CT! To celebrate the holiday I thought I would modify a short entry I put together for GetMarried.com. Even if you are not planning a wedding, these ideas are a fun and elegant use of pumpkins & gourds:
When you think about pumpkins you may not immediately think "eco-chic decor." However, pumpkins are seasonal, plentiful, reusable/compostable and can be quite festive. Here are five ways to use incorporate pumpkins into any fall celebration.
1. Instead of carving creepy faces, cut geometric patterns into pumpkins to create luminous lanterns.
2. Carve out a large pumpkin and use it as a cooler.
Images above: Martha Stewart Living
3. Place small pumpkins and colorful gourds in the center of your tables. Guests can take them home after the meal and enjoy them for weeks.
4. Use miniature pumpkins/gourds o hold seating cards. These can also double as favors.
5. Say good-bye with pumpkin style.