Dude, grab your favorite football jersey and park yourself in front of the tube for a face-off with the Steelers and the Packers. Planning on having some friends join you, too? Here are some tips to help you make your party eco-friendly. Thanks to Sustainability Ninja, eHow.com, and Earth911.com, we've got a nice little list to keep you green and clean this February 6th.
- Use cloth napkins and resuable dishes and glassware.
- Recycle your bottles and cans or think about getting a keg and have extra glasses on hand.
- Serve local and organic foods. You can make some kick-ass vegetarian chili without destroying your carbon footprint.
- Send e-vites, e-mail, or text for invitation. It doesn't hurt to pick up the phone once in a while either.
- Skip the decorations. They're only going to end up in the trash anyway, so why bother? Try candles or Chinese lanterns. Choose from what you already have on hand to make your space more festive.
- Don't order take-out and give any leftovers to a local food bank.
Whatever your plans are for Super Bowl LXV, there are a number of ways to have fun and still maintain a green lifestyle. Have any other tips we didn't mention here? Leave a comment and let our other readers know!
Image courtesy of NFL.com via Associated Press.