Every summer, youth gather in communities across the nation for the Summer of Solutions — a project of the non-profit Grand Aspirations that serves as a training ground for its participants and a launching pad for solutionary visions. With the support of local partnerships and a national network of fellow solutionaries, participants create self-sustaining projects that have a direct impact on their communities and that serve as models for others to build on.
- We’re looking for 10-15 full-time participants and many more volunteers. There are need-based stipends available for participants.
- We want to provide food and housing for our full-time team. If you know someone in Hartford who could host a student for the summer or a landlord who would give us reduced rent, please let us know!
- We’ll be working hard all day, and want to come home to share bountiful healthy meals together. The less money we spend on food, the more we can use to support low-income participants and provide for the longevity of these projects.
- You have it! As part of the leadership training component of our program, we want to host workshops throughout the summer. Know something about the history of Hartford? Compost? Gender and the environment? Urban gardening? Let us know and we’ll see how we can best use your wisdom to support our participants.
- We don’t have much of it. Money allows us to pay stipends, equalizing access to our program. It also allows us to eat, which we love!
- All things garden related; seeds, tools, compost, wood, gloves, etc. We will find a loving home for anything you give that we don’t need this summer.